How to Buy a Dealership (or part of one)
This one-of-a-kind, intense 2 day workshop event facilitated by Wye Management, will provide the information, knowledge, support professional services, confidence and ACTION PLAN to assist you to BUY A DEALERSHIP or become an EQUITY PARTNER a retail new vehicle franchise.
The day also provides a NETWORKING OPPORTUNITY with subject-matter experts and like-minded professionals.
Who Should Attend:
Anyone seeking to BUY A DEALERSHIP or become a PARTNER in a new vehicle franchise:
General Sales Managers, Fixed Operations Managers, General Managers, Dealer Group Area Managers / Vice-Presidents, OEM Senior Managers, Dealer Principal Family Members, Used Car Dealers, Investors
$1,985 + Taxes/Participant
Contact Anne Preston:
Facilitators / Coaches
President, Wye Management Inc.
CHRIS is one of North America’s most sought after trainers, keynote speakers and dealer group consultants. He has developed and facilitated training for dealer groups and 13 OEMS’s in Canada, the U.S. and Europe.
Moderator/Consultant/Trainer/Keynote Speaker, NCM Associates
Former President and C.E.O., Pembcorp Automotive Group
Former Senior Vice-President, Daimler-Chrysler Canada
Maclean’s Magazine featured BERNIE’s incredible transition from number #2 Daimler-Chrysler executive to successful Dealer Principal and Dealer Group C.E.O
Managing Director, DRIVE Investment Partners
President/Founder, Dealer Solutions Mergers and Acquisitions
Partner/Founder, Auto Careers Group
Partner/Founder, Right Fit Plus
FARID is North America’s foremost authority on dealership sales, acquisitions and financing. He leads North America’s most successful Mergers and Acquisitions firm.
You will Learn:
Module 1: How a Dealership is Valued
- Trends to Look For in Dealership Performance
- How is a Dealership Valued
- What is Goodwill and How is it Calculated
- What are Normalized Earnings and How are they Calculated
- Real Estate – Should I Buy or Rent?
Module 2: How to Buy a Dealership
- Various Structures – Asset Sale, Share Sale, Minority Partner Buy-In
- Vendor Take Back – How Does that Work?
- Securing Your Financing – Debt Methodologies
- Finding Professional Services – Bankers, Lawyers, Accountants
Module 3: Finding the Opportunity
- Urban, Suburban, Rural – The Advantages and Disadvantages When Buying
- Do I Need / Want an Equity Partner
- Avoiding the Pitfalls of a Partnership
Module 4: The Art of the Deal
- How to Negotiate A Fair Deal
- Recognizing the Good Deal versus the Bad Deal
- How to Find the “Red Flags” in the Buy-Sell Agreement
Module 5: So Now You are a Partner or a Dealer
- What to Look for as a Majority Partner or a Minority Partner
- Majority Partners – Methods to Increase Your Stake
- Retained Earnings versus Dividends – Monitoring
Module 6: Self-Assessment and Action Plan
- Creating Your Specific Action Plan – How to Begin the Process and What to Include
- Assessing Your Own True Net Worth – How Much Can You Invest?
- Assessing Your Ability to Meet Lender Requirements for Securing Financing
- Assessing Your Ability to Meet Manufacturer’s Requirements for Approval (what is truly important in securing their support)